GRIT Freedom Chair
The GRIT Freedom chair is an innovative off-road option for active wheelchair users. We think it’s pretty cool because it’s like a mountain bike crossed with a wheelchair and suitable for a range of different terrains and activities.
The patented lever system is designed to maximise energy expenditure so that you can go further and for longer.
- Four different models available – 3.0 being an all-rounder and GRIT’s most popular option; the Pro model which uses premium components and is for those who take both their sporting accolades and their aesthetics seriously; the Spartan model, designed to withstand the most robust conditions; and the Junior model which is designed for kids and features an additional push-bar for when they need a little bit of extra help
- Can be scripted with a range of accessories, including antitips, footstraps, sideguards, utility clamps, trail handles and more. The GRIT Freedom Chairs are also compatible with many other mountain biking accessories.
- Easy to store – simply disassemble and it will fit in most car boots
- Suitable for gravel, trails, mud, sand and snow (although using it on fine Australian beach sand will certainly give your arms a good workout!)
- Max user weight: 136kg
- Available in 4 different seat widths (16″, 18″ and 20″ plus 10-12″ for the Junior model)
- Chair weight: 21kg (the heaviest component when disassembled = 11kg)
- Frame: Zinc-plated, powder coated steel
- Wheel (Front): 9” / 23 cm pneumatic mountain-board wheel
- Wheels (Rear): 26” x 1.75” pneumatic mountain bike wheels
- Drivetrain: 16T Shimano freewheel(3.0 model)
- Chains: 9-speed, 3/32” chains (55 links)
For more information check out the video below, or the MANY videos that can be found on the GRIT team’s YouTube channel. You can also find out more about the different models on the GRIT website. (Just a note: our prices are comparative with the ones listed on the American website and while you could order direct, working with us means you’ll be able to trial it first, plus get our assistance scripting the chair and getting it set up for you).