Rifton Activity Chair
We think the Rifton Activity Chair is an excellent option for those who could benefit from alternative seating at home or in the classroom.
It looks stylish, has a good variety of positioning components meaning that it can be used to offer a little or a lot of support and, best of all, it gives kids the ability to participate in age-appropriate sitting activities, which can help to improve their confidence. It’s perfect for use during feeding and at times of active learning or for certain types of therapy. It can also be really helpful for children with sensory processing challenges.
- Tilt-in-space as standard – encouraging both sit-to-stand and resting positions
- Tool-free adjustments – you can adjust to find the perfect position even while the chair is in use making it an ideal choice for a busy classroom or at home
- Designed for fun – easy to remove pads made it easy to clean and a sturdy, stable frame means it can be where the action is
- Pick and choose the features you need – a wide range of different headrests and upper body supports are available
- Impressive growth – it’s possible to get years of service out of a single chair
- Springs on the standard base (in both backrest and seat) allow for self-generated, dynamic motion – ideal for clients with autism. They can be locked when not in use.
- Available in 3 sizes, each with plenty of room for growth: Small (81-122cm); Medium (102-142cm); and Large (127-188cm)
- Mini kit also available, making the Small chair suitable for users between 71 and 97cm tall
- Standard base includes: seat and back padding with adjustable back and seat belt; base with tilt-in-space; armrests and short adjustable legs
- Hi/Lo base includes: seat and back padding with adjustable back, seat belt and footboard; wheeled base with tilt-in-space and height-adjustable; armrests; and push handles
- 15˚ forward tilt /15˚ (standard) or 25˚ (hi/lo base) back tilt
View our other alternative seating options.