Seating Matters Sorrento chair (Bariatric Version)
Bariatric Sorrento chair combines support and comfort and is designed with strength in mind to accommodate individuals with heavier body weight and larger physical size. It caters for individuals with reduced mobility, flexible contractures, post-operative rehab needs, postural problems and pressure issues.
It can also be converted to include forward tilt for rehabilitation or in self transferring situations and features removable arms which can assist with side transferring or sling application and removal.
- Fully motorised
- Tilt in Space
- Designed to help manage pressure
- Forward tilt and removal arms to make transfers easier
- Option for “Drive Assist” to make it easier for carers to move the chair around
- Maximum user weight = 290kg
- Chair weight = 120kg
- Available in five seat widths, 55cm – 75cm
- Seat depth and other dimensions are adjustable
- A large range of accessories available
For full details of the Sorrento Bariatric chair features please download the brochure or watch the video below.
Seating Matters undertook a two-year clinical trial with the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, looking at the principles of correct seating. The study demonstrated that correct seating – using these armchairs – reduced skin breakdown and pressure ulcers by 88 per cent in a 12 week period.
Motum stocks the full range of Seating Matters chairs and can provide advice on the best chair for a range of needs, including postural support, pressure relief and general comfort.
Call or email us to find out more.